Photography at Bealart is now called Expanded Media. The new Expanded Media course explores the techniques and impacts of image making technologies such as digital photography, 3D scanning and printing, programmatic & interactive design, projection mapping and 3D design. Experiments in these media will allow students to build an understanding of how to use these tools for the purposes of creating artworks of their own design.
12/12+ Foundation Art Learning Outcome Overview:
- Students will become familiar with Digital camera operation, digital editing techniques and printing techniques.
- Students will be introduced to programming for the visual arts in Processing & P5.js in order to create coded animations and interactive digital projections.
- Students will be introduced to 3D capture and 3D image editing & 3D printing using 3D cameras and Blender.
- Students will create a body of work that demonstrates an understanding of historical and contemporary visual art practices through the creation of written and visual artworks
- Expanded Media attempts to be a zero waste program. All physical work created by the student must be recyclable or reusable.
Specialist Learning Outcome Overview: